There’s a lot to do before launching a new website. It’s important to set up a domain name, hosting, analytics, and prepare on-page SEO. The website should also be responsive on different devices, accessible to all users, and fast. In the development world this pre-launch stage is jokingly called the second 90%.
Thankfully, there are some great checklists to simplify this process:
- Humaan Checklist — A useful, wide-ranging checklist that also includes items for post-launch.
- Toptal Web Dev Checklist — Web development checklist with a nice dark background. The checklist is also available as a Chrome extension.
- Front End Checklist — An open-source list focused on the technical side of optimizing a website’s code for performance, SEO, and more.
- Process Street Checklist — A high-level checklist with design, marketing, and development items.
- Website Launch Checklist — A smart checklist that includes content, accessibility, performance, and analytics. Created by developer Fraser Boag.
- Checklist Design — Lists of best practices for website pages, user flows, and UI elements. This is a great way to cover all your bases. Created by George Hatzis.
I hope this saves you some trouble getting your new website online. Good luck!