Remote work has been taking off in the last decade, driven by collaboration tools and far-reaching internet that make it possible to work together from anywhere. Many employees and employers find this to be a preferable way of working.
If you are considering going remote or managing your team remotely, I encourage you to get informed about the latest trends and resources available to you.
- FlexJobs Blog — A rich resource for people interested in any type of flexible work. Their blog is updated frequently with tips and information for remote professionals.
- Remote.co Blog — Consistently good advice for freelancers and remote job seekers. The site also features a company Q&A which interviews leading remote companies about hiring, managing, and advice on how to succeed remotely.
- We Work Remotely Blog — A well-curated blog with all things remote-work related.
- Virtual Vocations Blog — Tips and tricks for effective remote workers.
- Moonlight Remote Work Encyclopedia — Tactical advice and resources for distributed workers.
- The Yonder Podcast — Yonder is for people looking to make their remote teams operate more smoothly or to understand how others are innovating in this new space. The interviews are wide-ranging and you can find insights about successful remote teams.
- Distributed — A new podcast with Matt Mullenweg, the leader of Automattic (the company behind WordPress). Automattic is a leader in the remote space, with over 900 fully-remote employees.
- Running Remote — Running Remote shines light into the minds and methods currently behind remote organizations.
- The Remote Show — The Remote Show finds and interviews some of the most influential CEOs and thinkers in the remote space.
- Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried — Remote makes a strong case that the future of work is remote.
- Zapier’s Ultimate Remote Work Guide — An e-book about tools, hiring, culture, communication, and other details of creating effective remote teams.
- No Excuses: The Definitive Guide to Managing a Remote Team — A comprehensive PDF guide by Hubstaff about how to hire, outsource, and manage remote teams.
- The Year with no Pants — A look into the unique work culture at Automattic (the company behind WordPress), and what drives their phenomenal success.
- Remote Work Handbook — Advice for working, hiring, scaling and leading in a fully remote company from development agency Infinite Red.
- State of Remote Work by Buffer — An annual report by Buffer and its partners regarding the current state of Remote work. This is a great way to understand trends about how remote working continues to evolve.
- The Remote Work Report by FYI — An in-depth report about remote working, with a lot of interesting insights and statistics.
- The Remote Work Report by Zapier — Statistics about office vs. remote, productivity, and gender disparity.
- Remote Work Guides by Twist — Best practices for starting, managing, and scaling a remote team.
- NoDesk — A vast curated collection of remote articles, tools, and communities.
- Remote.tools — A nifty website with tools to support your remote team.
- Remote Starter Kit — A toolkit with battle-tested remote tools to adopt into your workflow.
- Tools for Remote Work by Remote.com — Top tools for remote teams.
Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!